- NOTICE: When personal information is collected from individuals in the EEA and Switzerland, they will be informed of the purpose for which the information is collected and how the information will be used. The third parties to whom any information may be disclosed will be disclosed to the individual. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide personal information.
- CHOICE: Organizations must give individuals the opportunity to choose (opt out) if their personal information will be disclosed to a third party or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. Affirmative or explicit (opt in) choice must be given if the information is to be disclosed to a third party or used for a purpose other than its original purpose or the purpose authorized by the individual.
- DATA INTEGRITY: VST Research will use personal information in ways that are compatible with the purpose for which the data was collected. VST Research will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete and current.
- TRANSFER TO AGENTS: VST Research will obtain assurances from its agents that the agents will safeguard personal information consistently with this Policy. Where VST Research has knowledge that an agent is using or disclosing personal information in a manner contrary to this Policy, VST Research will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop the use or disclosure.
- ACCESS AND CORRECTION: VST Research will take reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated.
- SECURITY: VST Research maintains a high level of security, particularly in relation to data. Computer equipment, networks, programs, data and documentation are maintained to a high standard, and precautions to protect personal information in its possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction.
- ENFORCEMENT: VST Research will ensure adherence to this Policy by ensuring (a) readily available and affordable independent recourse mechanisms so that each individual’s complaints and disputes can be investigated and resolved and damages awarded where the applicable law or private sector initiatives so provide; (b) procedures for verifying that the commitments companies make to adhere to the the strict privacy and security have been implemented; and (c) obligations to remedy problems arising out of a failure to comply with the principles exist. Sanctions must be sufficiently rigorous to ensure compliance by the organization.
Any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of personal information should be directed to the VST Research. VST Research will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding the use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the principles contained in this Policy.
VST Research has provided its employees with appropriate training to ensure that all individuals who process personal information are fully aware of their responsibility with respect to data protection.
Limitation on application of principles
Adherence by VST Research to our strict privacy and confidentiality of private information may be limited (a) to the extent require to respond to a legal or ethical obligation; and (b) to the extent expressly permitted by an applicable law, rule or regulation.
Internet Privacy/Links to third party web sites